top of page

Protect Your Car with Auto Insurance

Farmer and Son

Auto coverage can seem complicated.  There are a lot of things to take into account to make sure you have the right coverage.


Our representatives will make sure you have the most complete coverage we can find for you, at the best possible price.


The reason there are choices among insurance providers is because not everyone needs the same coverage, or is willing to pay the same amount for similar insurance.


For example, not everyone who is driving a $2,000 car is going to want comprehensive coverage or a low deductible, because the replacement value may not be high enough to warrant paying a higher premium for more complete coverage.

Depending on your policy, here’s what to take into account:

  • Liability (Section A):
    Liability coverage pays for injury to others, and damage to their vehicles or property. You should have at least $1,000,000, most people aren’t comfortable with less than $2 million, and even a personal umbrella option up to $5 million is not excessive.
  • Accident Benefits (Section B):
    This is a mandatory coverage in Alberta, providing limited medical protection, death benefits and lost wages.
  • Physical Damage (Section C):
    Collision or Upset coverage. This covers your vehicle in the event of a collision, including hit & run. It is not mandatory, but if there is a loan on the vehicle then the bank or leasing company will require you to have it.
  • Loss of Use Endorsement (SEF 20):
    If you are deprived of the use of your vehicle through an action or event covered by your policy, this endorsement will cover reasonable expenses incurred for the rental of a substitute vehicle. In other words, this is the part of your policy that will provide a rental if you’re in an accident.
  • Legal Liability for Physical Damage to a Non-Owned Automobile (SEF 27):
    If you rent a vehicle and it sustains damage, this endorsement covers you. Not all policies have this endorsement automatically, so if you find yourself renting vehicles a lot, make sure you have this coverage and carry proof of it with you.
  • Limited Waiver of Depreciation Endorsement (SEF 43R):
    This endorsement provides coverage for up to two years and reimburses your purchase price of the vehicle for a total insured loss of a new vehicle.
  • Family Protection Endorsement (SEF 44):
    This endorsement is mandatory. If another party injures you in an automobile accident and they carry inadequate insurance to compensate, this provides coverage for you.
  • Comprehensive Coverage:
    Provides coverage for fire, theft and vandalism losses, as well as other losses that are not insured under collision coverage. For example, if a tree is knocked over in a storm and falls on your vehicle, or if it’s damaged by hail, this is the coverage you’ll need for repair.
Car insurance concept, man's hands covering car vector

If you already have auto coverage, make sure you aren’t paying too much by following these tips.

Regardless of what policy you have, the best way to keep your rates low is to be a safe driver.

Had An Accident?

Car accidents are stressful, but it’s important to stay level-headed and take action.


Try and remember as clearly as possible what happened, but avoid placing blame for the accident!  Don’t even discuss who was at fault.


Here’s what to do:

  • If anyone has been injured, call 911 immediately.  Do not assume somebody else has already done it!  If everyone’s assuming someone else has called, emergency services may not hear about it for a long time.

  • If it’s safe to do so, and if the vehicles can be moved, get them off the road.

  • Think about what direction each vehicle was traveling, and anything else leading up to the crash.

  • Take clear pictures with your cell phone of the following:

    • The other driver’s pink cards (insurance and registration)

    • The other driver’s license

    • Vehicles, including license plates

    • Road conditions and weather

    • Anything else that may have played a role in the accident.  Examples of this might be a truck or dumpster blocking the view of a traffic sign, a major pothole etc.

  • During normal business hours, call the KC Insurance Ltd. office where you bought your policy (Mundare: 780-764-2238, Tofield: 780-662-0165). After hours, call the number on your pink card.

Car crash from car accident on the road
hands of car driver on steering wheel, road trip, driving on highway road

Registry Renewal Reminders

The Alberta government does not send registration renewal reminders in the mail, but there is a free email reminder service you can sign up for.


Here’s what you do:

  • Follow this link.

  • Click “Sign Up Now”

  • Check the box beside either ‘Email’ or ‘Text’

  • Check the box under ‘Vehicle Registration Reminders’

  • Add your name, check the box at the bottom and click ‘Submit’


You don’t need to enter your vehicle information because the system sends reminders based on your last name, not your vehicles.


There are options for Company Vehicle Reminders and Driver License Reminders as well.

reminder service.png

Specialty Plates Available

Young Driver

Insure Your Peace of Mind

You have options. Make us yours.

KC Insurance Ltd.

Mundare & Tofield Offices:
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Closed Weekends and Holidays

Mundare Office

5008-50 St.

Mundare, Alberta T0B 3H0

Phone: 780-764-2238


Tofield Office

5118 50th St.

Tofield, Alberta T0B 4J0

Phone: 780-662-0165


bottom of page